The Rapid City Journal reports the Rapid City Council approved 6 grant requests. Four were accepted through the regular process for the Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) and two were based on funding from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. The following projects were approved:
- $100,000 to Youth & Family Services for a drainage project
- $44,138 to Behavior Management System for personnel
- $28,514 to Pennington County Health & Human Services to help intensive care management participants
- $5,000 to Lutheran Social Service Arise Youth Center to provide 5 hours per week of additional case management
- $38,765 to the Cornerstone Rescue Mission to complete a basement bathroom remodel due to ADA compliance
- $25,209 to the Canyon Lake Senior Center to replace insulation to prevent mold and mildew growth
For more information about grants, visit the Black Hills Knowledge Network news archives.