Whitewood - Government & Citizenship
Whitewood was incorporated as a city in 1888, about six months after the first homes and businesses were built – or were relocated by mule from Crook City. Today Whitewood is divided into three wards. A mayor is elected by city-wide vote every two years, and each ward elects two members for a six-member city council. City council members are elected for two-year terms, as well.
Council meetings are scheduled the first and third Mondays of each month, 7 pm at City Hall, 1025 Meade Street. Agendas and minutes are available on the city's website, and published in the Black Hills Pioneer.